Peacock & Binnington Anniversary Year
Founded in 1894 by Henry Earl Cartwright Peacock and John Binnington, 2019 is Peacock & Binnington’s 125th anniversary year. Peacock & Binnington became a limited company in 1937, but Henry Peacock, the first Managing Director, died before it’s first AGM. He was replaced by his son Allen Peacock, who remained at the company until his death in 1985. Allens son Michael joined the company in 1957 and was largely responsible for the expansion of the company. In 2016 Michael’s eldest son Nicholas, (a director of the company since 1992) was appointed as Vice-Chairman and became the fourth generation member of the family to be involved in running the business. Michael Peacock continues as Chairman and is still actively involved in the company created by his grandfather over a century ago.
Primarily they are involved in the sales and servicing of agricultural vehicles and equipment. Peacock & Binnington are one of the main dealers for Massey Ferguson, Fendt, JCB and Bateman, all backed up by a highly skilled and trained team of service technicians and parts specialists.
To celebrate 125 years, a special anniversary logo was created. Group marketing manager Will Cooper wanted something robust that could be put on all agricultural equipment produced. He came up with the idea of putting a metal enamelled plaque on every new and used vehicle sold. Brand new Massey Ferguson or JCB vehicles are also fitted with an additional stainless steel embossed plaque. These plaques are a limited edition with 125 of each being made. Each one is individually numbered from 1 to 125.
Everyone at the company was impressed with the plaques and suggested they should produce a keyring to compliment. The keyrings are to be given away to staff, distributors and customers. The 125th anniversary logo was used create the keyring. Polished enamel was used to ensure a hard wearing finish. The keyrings have the added benefit of advertising the company, as the keyrings will be in constant use.